Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring Break-Day 2

The house renovations are still underway...who knew that a simple flood could take sooo long to repair.  I guess not all the improvements were actual repairs...some things we are changing just for the heck of it.  Such as the fireplace...

Here is a picture of the fireplace before it was beautified
Excuse the fact that it's a picture from Christmas, but its the best one I had.  The fireplace and hearth were made of black slate and while I was gone on the women's retreat in March, J ripped out all the slate and he and my dad replaced it with tile.  They spent the entire Saturday working on it and it turned out awesome.  In my opinion it looks like a professional did all the work!  

Back to Spring Break...today I gave the new fireplace a fresh coat of white paint.
Doesn't it look GREAT?!

On a side note...here a few of my 1,000 Blessings:

16.  A clean bathroom...it's no fun to clean on SB but well worth it

17.  Last minute lunch with Aimee

18.  The gift card to Chick-fil-a from my secret pal at school...it made our sister lunch possible today

19.  My wonderful husband who has worked so hard on making our house beautiful again

20.  Warm (ok...hot actually) sunny days for my Spring Break
21.  Shoe shopping and lunch with my BFF from high school

No comments:

Post a Comment