Monday, January 10, 2011

Keeping Warm

We had our second snow of the winter season today.  Last night during church I waited anxiously for the news of either a late start or no school.  They were predicting such a big snow/ice mess that I was positive we would have no school...and I was right!  We went to bed last night not knowing if J would have to work or not, but luckily around 6:30 he got a text that he was staying home with me and the pups all day!

J and I started our snow day by making muffins and lounging around in our pjs for most of the morning.

We then decided to take the dogs out for a walk around the neighborhood.  Our neighbor Lee and his dog Milo came out to play with us.
Meet Preston!  He's our friendly neighborhood snowman. 
When we got home we warmed ourselves by the fire and had a tasty lunch of grilled cheese and tomato soup.  And then...we continued to be lazy by watching movies on the couch all afternoon!


Due to the heavy ice situation outside tonight and into the morning we will have snow day number two tomorrow.  We already have a work day on Friday, so that means my kids only have two days of school this week.  What a lucky week for them!

1 comment: