Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Flat Tires and Quesadillas

While driving home from school today I got a flat tire on the highway!  I don't know if you have ever gotten a flat tire while driving, but its not cool.  There is a loud thump, and then your car starts shaking.  I pulled over to check and sure enough-FLAT!  I was actually on my way to babysit so I called the lady, then Josh, and then AAA.  The AAA lady said it could take an hour for the tow truck to get there, but luckily it didn't.  The guy showed up, changed my tire, and sent me on my way.  (PS...did you know that VWs have a full size spare in the trunk?  It's great because I didn't have to worry about driving on a little donut tire!)

The cool thing about getting a flat so close to my school is several of my coworkers saw me and either stopped, called, or texted to see if I was ok.  I have some great coworkers!

So...after all that I decided to try out another PW recipe for dinner.  (Have I mentioned I'm obsessed??)  We had a delicious chicken quesadilla with grilled peppers and onions.  Her recipe actually called for shirmp, but since I don't do shrimp...I changed it to chicken.  I also did not have the Mexican Red Sauce she called for, so I used tomato sauce and added green chilies.  It didn't have quite the same effect, but it was still tasty.  It was a pretty easy recipe until it was time to flip the quesadillas...that was a little tricky.

Now that I'm stuffed, and back on a normal school schedule...I think I'll go to bed!
 

1 comment:

  1. Soooo glad you're okay! And this post reminds me that I need to renew my AAA membership... I let it expire a few years ago and I think I should probably renew. Lol :)

    ReplyDelete