Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'm still here

Man, is it mid January already?? 
I'm still around and busy as ever...as seen by my lack of blogging.  Christmas Break is over...school has started back again...and so has my grad school class.  My LAST grad school class I might add!!  So between work, my Afterschool job, and homework, I've gone back to my usual busy self.  Oh, and add the fact that J gave me a Kindle Fire for Christmas so now all my spare moments now are with my nose stuck in a book...err...looking at a tablet screen.
The Kindle has come in handy over the last four weeks.  It was perfect when I needed some car repairs done and I was at the car place for over an hour.  I've already read three books and just started the fourth over the weekend.
Here's what I've been reading...
I know I'm jumping on the band wagon a little late with these books but they are SO good!  A couple years ago a good friend told me to read The Hunger Games.  She was an HP fan as well and I usually like her book suggestions, but after reading the back cover I just wasn't so sure.  It sounded plain weird.  Then my sis-in-law read them and told me how wonderful and awesome they were so I decided to give it another shot.  I'm telling y'all...I read the first one in 4 days!  The second was amazing, and the third had a slow start, but got really really stinking good at the end.  These are complete page turners, folks!! And guess what?  The first movie comes out in March.  Who's coming with me?  :)
OK ok...enough about The Hunger Games.  I'm currently reading Water for Elephants, and its been entertaining as well.  I'm really into circuses right now because of it and tried to win tickets on the radio for the Ringling Bros. show that's in town this weekend.  Didn't happen though, maybe next year.

2 comments:

  1. I'm currently reading The Hunger Games, too! (So we can both be a bit behind on the bandwagon.) James inhaled them within a few days -- which is saying something, since he's not a big fan of fiction. I'll be interested in hearing what you think about Water for Elephants. I read that one earlier this year in one day, as I was traveling. Have you seen the movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have seen the first 45 minutes of the movie before falling asleep...I have a problem staying awake while watching movies at night...but I like the book so far. I like a lot of YA fiction, but Harry Potter is by far my most favorite!

      Delete