Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wizarding World of Harry Potter

As everyone the few who read my blog know, I am big HP fan so naturally my favorite part of Universal Studios was getting to walk through the Harry Potter world.  It was the reason why we even went to Universal to begin with.  I can not even begin to tell you how awesome this place was.  If you read the books or even if you have just seen the movies, you can appreciate the work and planning that was put into making this magical town.  I really felt like I was on the HP movie set.  I think its fair to warn you that I have a lot of pictures for this post...and I think you'll want to visit too after you see the amazing-ness of these pictures show...
When you first walk in your see the Hogwarts Express with a train conductor standing outside.  Kristin and I couldn't pass up this photo op!
Then you go into the town of Hogsmead where you can go into all the different shops that you read about in the books.  If only it was cold outside...the fake snow on the roofs would have seemed more realistic.
We brought back a Chocolate Frog for Aimee...it really had a wizard card inside!
Pumpkin Juice!
Weasley's Extendable Ears from book 5
Monster Book of Monsters from book 3

We ate lunch at the Three Broomsticks and later in the weekend the guys had drinks in the Hog's Head Inn
Inside the Three Broomsticks

The rides inside HP world were awesome, but what I really enjoyed was walking through the lines to get to the rides.  They put parts of the movies throughout so you really felt like you were in Hogwarts.  One ride took us an hour to get through the line, but it was totally worth it!
In line to ride the Dragon Challenge
Goblet of Fire
About to ride our first HP ride

Standing in front of Hogwarts, home of the Forbidden Journey ride
Mirror of Erised from book 1
Walking through the greenhouse...longest and hottest part of the line
Mandrakes!!!!
Griffindor takes the lead!
Standing outside the entry to Dumbledore's office
The Pensieve
The picture frames really did have moving and talking people inside
The Sorting Hat
One our last day Kristin and I bought some frozen Butterbeer...OH MY GOODNESS...it was delicious!  It's probably a good thing that we waited until the last day to try it, otherwise we would have been buying these pricey drinks every day!  We are thinking its some combination of butterscotch and cream soda...whatever it is I wish I could make some at home!


4 comments:

  1. ahh! i loved Hogwarts at Universal!!! My husband surprised me with a trip to Orlando for our honeymoon last year, complete with a whole day spent in Harry Potter World. :) glad you got to enjoy it!! so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend was on the creative team that worked on HP..I still haven't been :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so awesome...you need to go!!

    ReplyDelete