Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ollivanders

If you ever go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter you MUST go to Ollivanders Wand Shop.  I know I know...you'll look and see a 40 minute line, but trust me its TOTALLY worth it!  
Actually...the best plan is to have the husbands stand in line while you and a friend (or sis-in-law) ride the Dragon Challenge and then meet up with the husbands who are hot and sweaty from standing in the sun for the last 30 minutes.  At least that's what Kristin and I did. Our hubbies are the best!
Ollivander picks one lucky person to choose a wand...or to have the wand choose the wizard!  He has the person try out the wand and silly "magical" things happen until the perfect wand for that person is choosen.  Its a really cute little show.
 You can watch a video of what happens at an Ollivanders show here.

1 comment:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHH!!! I just caught up on all three of your trip posts and I'm in HEAVEN from the pictures!! You did GREAT portraying all the fun and I'm sooo glad you tried the frozen butter beer -- everyone I know who has gone to HP world has RAVED about it. Let's try to find a knock-off recipe online or something, haha :) Love that you had such fun -- LOVE the pics -- Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete