Friday, October 29, 2010

State Fair

What is fall without going to the South Carolina State Fair??

I actually don't ride the rides...I have this thing about rides that they put up and take down in two weeks...just doesn't seem like a good idea. BUT...I love getting a corn dog! Last year I was sick during the fair so I went without eating a corn dog, so this year I went twice and got two corn dogs. My mom, sister and I love to walk around and people watch (some really interesting characters show up for the fair) then go through all the exhibits. The cake ones are the coolest, I love all the crazy things they can make cakes into.

Monday night I went with Mom, Dad and Aimée...

We were really excited about our corn dogs...
Dad and Aimée were also so REALLY excited about their fair food (I'm pretty sure my dad is making fun of me in this picture).


Then on Friday night I went with Josh, Rick, and Angie to see the David Crowder Band. They were really good! Josh bought the tickets when he first heard they would be at the fair. I really didn't think much about the concert because I didn't think I knew any songs. I ended up knowing three of them!

The David Crowder Band


(apparently this is not a very flattering shirt)


You can find all kinds of crazy things to eat the fair...for example, where else can you buy fried Oreos, fried Snickers, fried cookie dough and FRIED BUTTER!?!?




I thought all those fried desserts sounded gross so I didn't try any, but Josh did! Nobody was brave enough to try the fried butter though....maybe next year?










No comments:

Post a Comment