Friday, October 22, 2010

Recipe

I have had several people ask me about the recipe for the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Its a treasured recipe where I grew up so I guess I can share it with y'all... :)

The BEST Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER


4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 (16 oz) can solid pack pumpkin
1 cup real semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, oats, soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside. Cream butter, gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mix well.

Alternate additions of dry ingredients and pumpkin, mixing well after each addition. Stir in morsels.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until cookies are firm and lightly browned. (I actually bake mine for 15-16 minutes, but that might just be my oven)


To see Aimée's take on these cookies click here.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! The recipe looks uh-may-zing and I can't wait to try them :)

    ReplyDelete