Friday, April 27, 2012

St. Thomas & St. Maarten

On Wednesday we spent the day at St. Thomas where we took a tour of the island, did some shopping, and had lunch at a hole-in-the-wall little place with excellent nachos.  The island of St. Thomas was so beautiful.  It was lush and tropical and really made you want to buy a condo and stay for a while.  Our tour bus was an open air bus so taking pictures was really easy.
Freedom of the Seas
Magen's Bay
Next we met some pirates on the Blackbeard's Castle tour.
Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of our day at St. Maarten on Thursday because I didn't bring my camera.  Josh and I went kayaking and snorkeling and we didn't know if there would have been a safe place to put our camera while we were adventuring.  There was a safe place however and it made me really sad the rest of the day knowing I couldn't document our travels.  There was one place I did not miss my camera at and it was the nude beach our taxi driver took us to!  He thought it was funny and while he was giving us a tour of the island he made a quick stop to watch us blush.  I will tell you that there was nobody under the age of 65 at that beach...didn't really make me want to join them.  Haha!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment