Thursday, June 9, 2011

I love weddings!

One of J's best friends is getting married this weekend and I'm so excited.  I'm excited for James and Meredith and the journey they are starting and I'm excited to go to a wedding.  My absolute favorite part of a wedding is watching the groom's face when the doors open and the bride starts walking down the aisle.  I just love seeing that big grin on his face, and sometimes a tear, when he first lays eyes his beautiful bride.

Every time I go to a wedding I can't help but think back on my own magical weekend in June of 2008.  Tonight is Thursday and right now, downstairs, I can hear the voices of a room full of guys celebrating James.  On the Thursday before my wedding I had my three best girls in town.  We stayed up late reminiscing about the past and talking about the future and how much our lives had changed since college. It was such an amazing weekend full of family, friends, and lots of fun!  I am happy where I am in life now and wouldn't change anything, but I do love thinking back on my wedding weekend and what a wonderful time it was in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment