Thursday, June 20, 2013

First week

Ren's first week at home seems so long ago.  We have come a long way since he was one week old.  First of all I have to say that we have a super amazing family!  My mom came over to the house every day for Ren's first week home. She cooked dinner, washed clothes, organized Ren's room and clothes, took me to Target, cleaned and held Ren while I took a nap every afternoon.  It was great to have her support to help me with taking care of a new baby and many many struggles with nursing.  The second week of Ren's life, Josh's mom came over every day and helped out.  She even cleaned my bathroom!!  
It was super crazy getting adjusted to not being just me and J anymore.  When they tell you that the postpartum hormones are crazy-believe it!!  On the second night that we were home my mom had left for the evening and J and I were sitting on the couch watching tv.  All of the sudden I was just crying and had no idea why.  That whole first week, and into the second week, I could start crying at any moment for any reason.  Things have gotten a lot better since then and I'm so glad because not being in charge of your emotions is weird!  
Now on to the fun part...pictures of Ren's first week of life!
First trip to the pediatrician's office

No comments:

Post a Comment