Thursday, April 4, 2013

Homeowner surprises

When you are a homeowner you never know what is going to happen...
My dad came over this week to help paint the baby's room.  While he was painting I noticed something on the baseboard at the edge of the kitchen.  Thinking it was dirt that the dogs tracked in I was going to just brush it off.  I then realized it was a collection of bugs.  I called my dad in to get rid of them (cause what are dads for if not to kill bugs) but after he wiped them off more showed up...and they were crawling out of small holes in the baseboard!!  After ripping off the baseboard we realized that we were dealing with a SWARM of termites!!!!!!!!!!
(Caution......the following pictures are difficult to look at......)
(I chose not to make this pictures large because the scene is just too disturbing)
I was absolutely freaking out!  Dad sprayed them with Raid and cleaned up the mess and we haven't seen a live one since, but now we have a whole new issue to deal with.  And to think my biggest concern was getting the carpets steam cleaned before the baby comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment