Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Crock-pot cooking

Lately we have been on a crock-pot kick.  J found a blog with a crock-pot recipe for every day of the year.  He picked out a few that sounded good to him and we've been trying them out.  I have to say that crock-pot cooking is the way to go on a busy school night.  I come home and dinner is practically ready.  The only part that I've had to work on is preparing some of the ingredients the night before so I'm not chopping onions at 6:15 am while also trying to get ready for school.
Here's what we've tried so far...

Peanut Butter Chicken
A favorite for J but not for me.

Not Another Boring Cola Roast
We served this bbq sandwich style on a bun.

Thai Beef
One of my faves.  

Cilantro Lime Chicken
Another favorite for me and J.

Next up:
Zuppa Toscana Soup (Olive Garden knock off)
I can't wait to try this one.  We were going to have it tonight but since it's almost 80 degrees out today (in January!) I just wasn't in the soup mood.


No comments:

Post a Comment