Saturday, August 18, 2012

Summer reading

This summer I put my Kindle Fire to good use.  
Now we all know about my love of all things Harry Potter, but once you've read the series four times its time to move on to other literature.  I've always enjoyed the fantasy genre because it takes you away from the every day world into some place magical and totally different than your life.  That's one of the reasons I liked the HP books so much...they were just plain fun!
About two years ago J and I got hooked on an HBO series called Game of Thrones.  NOW...the HBO show takes it a little too far with the language and adult content but when I decided to read the books (a series of five so far with two more on the way) I was pleasantly surprised on how not graphic the books were when it came to said adult content and violence.  There is a tad bit of language, but it can be easily skimmed over.
 I am now on the third book of the series.  The interesting thing about this book is that I have no idea what is going to happen.  I watched two seasons of Game of Thrones, which covers the first two books, and now I'm reading what will become the third season starting in the spring.

On a side note...while driving to and from Tennessee for our camping week, J and I listened to what is being called the "next Hunger Games."  It's called Divergent and it was a lot like the HG setting and world, but of course different.  It's a series of three books but only the first two have been written so far.  We really enjoyed listening to the book on our iPhone in the car...it helped pass the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment