Saturday, August 4, 2012

Camping...for real!

Last summer we went camping with J's family.  I use the term camping very loosely seeing as how I checked into a hotel every night while J slept in a tent.  This year however I decided (or maybe it was the fact that J wouldn't pay for a hotel for me) to sleep at the campground which meant...tents!  We totally had air mattresses so it wasn't like I was sleeping on the actual ground or anything.
We decided that if this was going to be an annual thing for us that we might as well buy our very own tent.  I loved our little home away from home.  It was actually HUGE feeling on the inside (I'm tempted to compare it to Harry Potter, but that's cause y'all know I'm obsessed).  By then end of the week when Jeremy and Kristin were there we had two king sized beds and two large suitcases with room to move around.  Altogether we had five campsites for the whole family.  Luckily all the sites were close together so it was like we had our own little community...and we had the spots closest to the bathrooms.
It was such a relaxing week in the mountains.  The temperature didn't heat past the mid 80's and at night we were chilly enough to need blankets and sweatshirts.  All we really did was eat, read, tube down the river, and play cards.  Please keep in mind while looking at the pictures...there were minimal showers and no make up worn during this vacation.  
**warning-picture overload**
I also had the task all week of french braiding hair.  It really is the best hairstyle for camping in the great outdoors.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun and relaxing! I have been contemplating camping as a Babymoon but not quite sure if I want to be camping with swollen feet and a big belly. TBD.

    ReplyDelete