Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tough Day

My heart is filled with sadness today for a co-worker and her family.  Her husband had a massive stroke on Wednesday of last week and passed away on Friday leaving behind his wife and two daughters, ages seven and four.  I can not even begin to fathom what she is going through during this season in her life.  Some how she managed to get through the visitation and funeral today with strength and courage.  If it were me I'm pretty sure I would need to be heavy medicated.  
Even though I had never met her husband, my heart hurts for her and those girls.  I think about my own faith and although I know the truth of God's Word, I can see how easy it would be to struggle with passages such as the one in Jeremiah 29:11

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'"

In a situation like my co-worker's I think I would feel "harmed" and it would be difficult to remember the second part of the verse about hope and a future.  I pray that this will not be a season of life that I have to go through.  Jokingly I tell Josh that he is absolutely not allowed to go without me, but I kinda mean it.  
Please take some time today and say a prayer for this family...they have a difficult journey ahead of them, especially the little girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment