Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Mississippi Thanksgiving (part 2)

While we were in Mississippi we got to play outside on the four-wheelers. We drove them all around the house, down the long driveway and through the woods when the hunters were gone. Aimee especially loved the four wheelers.

During my many visits to "the farm" I have never really driven one of the four-wheelers. Josh loves driving them and he knows his way around the woods so I have always just let him do all the driving. Plus I've known people who have gotten seriously hurt or killed on them so I was just too nervous. BUT Aimee was having such a great time I thought I would give it a try too.

Thankfully nobody was around with a camera when I drove the four-wheeler off the side of the road, down a hill, and into a wire fence, all while trying to put my feet down to stop the thing! Somehow in that how ordeal I forgot about the brakes on the handles. After that mishap I did much better, but I think I'll stick to letting J do all the driving.

We also had fun playing with the boys' BB guns. For some reason the phrase "you'll shoot your eye out" was playing through my mind the entire time. Possibly because Josh' youngest boy cousin, JT, had an actual Red Rider BB gun.
(The look of surprise on my face is because I actually hit the target. My dad would be so proud!)



We really had a lot of fun this year. I definitely ate way too much and took lots of naps but it made for a very restful Thanksgiving break.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud at the thought of you trying to put your feet down as you went over-the-hill!! I PROMISE you I would have done the same exact thing! The pics are great and Thanksgiving break is totally best for naps and eating too much :) Love the post :)

    ReplyDelete