Monday, March 7, 2011

Blessings

Sometimes I get so caught up in all the craziness of my life that I forget how blessed I actually am.  It seems like I think about all the things I "need" or want and don't seem to notice the things I have.  I've seen similar type things on several blogs...lists of gifts and blessing.  While I don't want to just copy other people's blogs, I think its kind of nice to list out the big and small things that God has given me.  My goal is to sit down weekly and think about things I have been thankful for.  So here goes...my list of blessings, in no particular order (well...except maybe the first two).

1.  God...the Father who sent his only son to die for me when I definitely did not deserve it.

2.  An amazing husband.  Josh loves me, provides for me, and lets me go to bed at 9:00 some nights even though he thinks that's way too early.


3.  My wonderful job.  In our current economy I feel so thankful that I have a job that I love and a great group of crazy kids to teach every day.


4.  A great family...my biological family and the family I married into.

5.  My home.  Even though it hasn't looked its best for the past three weeks, its a place to keep me warm and dry.


6.  Church family...old and new faces that I love seeing each Sunday morning.


7.  My awesome mom who did my laundry for me this weekend when I still didn't have a washer and dryer hooked up.

8.  Sitting on the couch, eating dinner and watching tv with J.

9.  Lunch with friends on a Sunday afternoon.


10.  Spring and the hopes of warm weather to come!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment